Capacity Planning and Bandwidth Expense Justification
A critical aspect of proactive network management is planning. UltraView provides your IT staff capacity planning analysis dashboards to show:
- Before and now, side-by-side views of interface traffic volume, bandwidth % utilization complete with application and user profiling.
- Detailed enterprise wide service, port and application visibility for traffic composition analysis to determine business vs. recreational application utilization.
- Ability to categorize/measure and trend legitimate business applications, inappropriate traffic, and poorly planned traffic (back-ups and database synchronization at inappropriate times).
- Identify in prioritized order the most congested areas of the network, perhaps prime candidates for WAN Optimization.
- Easily determine and justify where you really need more bandwidth or areas where better traffic management/control capabilities can make existing bandwidth more efficient.
Capacity planning for your organization with Ultraview allowing IT staff to do more with less
The need to cut IT costs have made balancing end user performance expectations against the realities of bandwidth capacity capital budgeting very challenging for Network Managers.
Network Managers are required to control costs by acquiring the minimum bandwidth necessary. In order to make intelligent decisions it is essential that Network Managers measure overall bandwidth usage and characterize network traffic when deciding if additional bandwidth is warranted. Network Managers who deploy QoS to provide more consistency need an easy dependable way to monitor QoS prioritized bandwidth utilization to ensure that actual traffic passing through individual interfaces matches configured or desired levels for each service and determine if the most critical traffic is getting preferential traffic.
To start the planning process a “before and now” look at bandwidth consumption is essential. DANG UltraView provides a detailed look of interface traffic volume, bandwidth % utilization and application/bandwidth user trends over time.