Quickly and proactively troubleshoot network problems, gain visibility into what applications are traversing the network, and use the capacity planning to minimize bandwidth costs with UltraView NetFlow and sflow analysis.
Experience UltraView’s First Class GUI Features with the Industry’s First:
- Hover Feature - hover feature allows you to point your mouse at an interface, application, or IP address to see a rolling time chart of traffic patterns to quickly spot congestion or potential trouble.
- Dashboard Follow Through - view a rolling time chart dashboard of your busiest interfaces and with one click see a dashboard follow through that includes the in and out interface bandwidth % utilization, the applications utilization %, and IP addresses utilization % all related to that particular interface for the time period selected.
The Alerting in UltraView Provides Truly Proactive Network Management.
UltraView sends your IT staff email or syslog notifications when the network performance degrades or services go down so IT staff can resolve issues easier and faster before end users experience problems.
UltraView software collects and analyzes NetFlow and SNMP flow data and notifies IT staff on conditions such as:
- Interfaces slow down because of network congestion
- Bandwidth Hogs slow down the network
- Applications stop working
- Servers go down
- E-mail server stops working
- Interfaces are misconfigured
- Unscheduled back-ups slow down the network
UltraView provides your IT staff capacity planning analysis dashboards
A critical aspect of proactive network management is planning. Your staff will have dashboards to show:
- Before and now views of interface traffic volume, bandwidth % utilization complete with application and user profiling.
- Ability to categorize/measure and trend legitimate business applications, inappropriate traffic, and poorly planned traffic (back-ups and database synchronization at inappropriate times).
- Identify in prioritized order the most congested areas of the network, perhaps prime candidates for WAN Optimization.
- Easily determine and justify where you really need more bandwidth or areas where better traffic management/control capabilities can make existing bandwidth more efficient.
UltraView Provides your Staff Powerful Predefined Network Performance Dashboards
When you are troubleshooting network problems even “one click” can sometimes be “one click” too many. No need to toggle between different tools or modules when you use the standard UltraView Network Overview and Security Dashboards to get a comprehensive view of your network health in one view without “clicking.”
The Network Overview Dashboard combines the following views into a single dashboard for the ultimate in at-a-glance network monitoring.
Network Overview Dashboard
- Interface View – using SNMP as a data source displays interface utilization, peak and average traffic, peak and average packets, discards and errors.
- Addresses View- using NetFlow as a data source displays the top bandwidth users by address, total traffic, source traffic/destination traffic, total packets and source/destination packets.
- Applications View- using NetFlow as a data source displays the top applications by total traffic and total packets.
Identify anomalies and easily spot, trace and stop security threats in your network with the help of UltraView’s Security Dashboard. The Security Dashboard combines the following views into a single dashboard to highlight suspicious activity and potential security breaches so you can take action.
- Chatty Addresses View- using NetFlow as a data source displays the source addresses that communicated with the most distinct destination addresses and generated the most network sessions (conversations).
- Popular Addresses View- using NetFlow as a data source displays the destination addresses that communicated with the most distinct source addresses and generated the most network sessions (conversations).
- Failed Connections View – using NetFlow as a data source displays failed connections leveraging TCP Flag information.